we inherited nature the moment we were born.
the moment we came into existence,
we entered the landscape of nature.
in fact, we are nature.
nature is form.
body is form.
body is nature.
nature is body.
~Zenju Earthlyn Manuel
Inspired by our Winter Immersion reading of The Way of Tenderness in which Zenju Earthlyn Manuel offers a rich contemplation on the body as nature, 3 Jewels Yoga Sangha will look deeply into practices that support understanding, healing, and renewing our relationship with the Body.
Join us for this 3-week series:
APRIL 3, APRIL 10, APRIL 17
11 – 12:30 PM
Heartdance Studio | 1806 E. Michigan Avenue in #LoveLansing
RECOMMENDED STUDY RESOURCES
Check back for updates to this list!
On The Five Remembrances
I am of the nature to grow old; there is no way to escape growing old.
I am of the nature to have ill health; there is no way to escape ill health.
I am of the nature to die; there is no way to escape death.
All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change; there is no way to escape being separated from them.
My actions are my only true belongings; I cannot escape the consequences of my actions.
My actions are the ground upon which I stand.
- Access To Insight | Upajjhatthana Sutta: Subjects for Contemplation
- Mindfulness Bell | Reflections on the 5 Remembrances
- Insight Meditation Center | Impermanence – Gil Fronsdal
- Lion’s Roar | The Practice of Looking Deeply – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Annie Mahon | Things I Did When I Was Hangry
- Jan Chozen Bay | Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food
- Nourish Life | Food Justice
- Paste Magazine | Breaking Vegetarian: The Privilege of Ethical Eating
- Tara Scott | On The 4 Nutriments + “8 Reasons Why I Don’t Want to Hear About Your Diet” | Everyday Feminism
- The Color of Food | Stories of Race, Resilience + Farming
- Thich Nhat Hanh + Dr. Lilian Cheung | Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life
- Woman’s Health | Why Eating Healthy Remains a Privilege Many People Cannot Afford
On The Realities of The Body
- Joy Colangelo | Embodied Wisdom
- Lewis Richmond | Aging as a Spiritual Practice
- On Being with Krista Tippett
- Rick Hanson | Buddha’s Brain
- Tara Scott | Moving In the Spirit of Self-Love